24 Hour Caregiver
Representing Arden Rose Home Care, Inc. and promoting the mission and vision of the company. Providing non-medical home services to individuals/seniors in their respective homes allowing them to continue functioning as independently as possible. Duties may include transportation assistance, light housekeeping, assistance with activities of daily living, medication reminders, preparing meals, companionship and other non-medical services.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check in accordance with the Health Care Worker Background Check Act (225ILCS 46) and Health Care Worker Background Check Code (77 Illinois Administration Code 955).
- Complete TB Surveillance Questionnaire and if experiencing any mentioned symptoms/or has had unprotected exposure to someone with tuberculosis further testing will be required.
- Experience working with the elderly as a caregiver performing non-medical services.
- Compassionate, dedicated, dependable and good communication skills.
- Completion of four hours of caregiver training provided at agency prior to job placement and completion of additional four hours within 30 days of hire.
- Work independently and demonstrate good safety awareness.
- Be flexible, adaptable and able to work in a variety of settings.
- Provide non-medical Home Care Services to seniors as outlined in the client assessment.
- Demonstrate good decision making in dealing with safety and non-medical issues.
- Organize time and resources based on the individual needs of the client.
- Observe and report any change in client’s condition.
- Complete daily documentation in Communication Log Binder provided by Agency.
- Maintain strict confidentiality pertaining to client.
- Respect cultural differences.
- Able to maintain relationships with family members and communicate any concerns or issues.
- Must practice clean, safe care to clients eliminating the possibility of infection.
- Read/review Service Definitions and Limitations to ensure all care being provided is strictly non-medical.
- Reporting any requests for medical services to the Director of Health Care Services immediately.
- Provide companionship, dress assist, shower/bath assist, medication reminders, laundry, meal preparation, ambulation assistance, toileting assistance, and light housekeeping.
- Able to lift and transfer clients safely using proper body mechanics.
- Previous experience caring for the elderly and/or a strong desire to care for the elderly and making a difference in their lives.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills